Sunday, January 15, 2012

I hate winter!

As we settle into the depths of winter, I find that I truly can't stand the cold weather.  I've noticed my disdain for the winter months has grown as I've gotten older.  When I was younger (grade school age) I couldn't wait for the cold weather.  I remember the excitement when it finally did snow.  We would be out all day returning home soaking wet, frozen and completely wiped out.
As much fun as that was, I hate the cold now.  I went out this morning to run 20 miles.  I had been watching the weather all week and knew that it would be cold.  I usually like to get running before 7 am.  I knew if I waited a little longer it would be somewhat warmer. The extra half hour made no difference.  It was freaking freezing!  The wind had that icy feel to it.  It wasn't too bad with the wind at my back but the minute I turned into the wind it was painful.  I knew it was cold out when the gatorade froze in the nozzle of my water bottle.
Now, I am, thankfully, showered and layered in clothes.  I will, very shortly, start a fire and settle in to watch a great afternoon of football.  (Go Giants!!!)  The sufferfest of this morning is now behind me and I don't have to worry about freezing until at least Tuesday.  Bring on the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment